Jan 11, 2021
The latest news and insights surrounding ViacomCBS’ streaming ecosystem.
ViacomCBS is leaning heavily into streaming with the launch of Paramount+ in 2021.
The service features live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment from the company’s portfolio of iconic brands, including Paramount Pictures, CBS, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, and the Smithsonian Channel.
The newly rebranded service is just one key element of the company’s overall streaming ecosystem. ViacomCBS’ comprehensive streaming strategy also includes the leading free, ad-supported service Pluto TV and niche, premium offerings SHOWTIME OTT and BET+.
Below, find the latest insights and updates on all things streaming from ViacomCBS.
For more on Paramount+, visit www.paramountplus.com. For a full list of content coming to the service, click here.
The Latest Headlines
- ViacomCBS Streaming Exec on How to Navigate Massive Paramount+ Content Library, The Hollywood Reporter, March 8, 2021
- ViacomCBS CFO Faces Delicate Transition Toward Streaming, The Wall Street Journal, March 4, 2021
- ViacomCBS CEO Touts "Sustainable" Shortened Film Window, The Hollywood Reporter, March 2, 2021
- The Original ‘Real World’ Cast Reunites, Older but Still Not Polite, The New York Times, Feb. 26, 2021
- ViacomCBS Exec on Keys to Paramount+ Launch, Global Success: "We Have Got a Really Strong Brand," The Hollywood Reporter, Feb. 24, 2021
- ViacomCBS Unveils Comprehensive Streaming Strategy and Expansive Slate of Originals Headed to Paramount+, ViacomCBS, Feb. 24, 2021
- ViacomCBS Bets on Big-Tent Strategy for Streaming Growth with Paramount Plus, Variety, Feb. 24. 2021
- Unveiling Paramount+, ViacomCBS Bob Bakish Taps Company's Deep Roots: "We Know How To Make Hits," Deadline, Feb. 24, 2021
- Paramount+'s Pitch: Big Name Reboots, Spinoffs and Sequels (Plus Sports), The Hollywood Reporter, Feb. 24, 2021
- Comedy Central Is Getting the Brands Back Together for Paramount+, Vulture, Feb. 24, 2021
- Paramount+ Battles Streaming Rivals With 'Frasier,' 'Flashdance,' Bloomberg, Feb. 24, 2021
- Nickelodeon to expand Avatar: The Last Airbender with creators--first up is an animated film, Entertainment Weekly, Feb. 24, 2021
- '60 Minutes' will have streaming spinoff on Paramount+, Associated Press, Feb. 24, 2021
- ViacomCBS’ Paramount+ Campaign Will Reach Its First Peak During Super Bowl, Adweek, Feb. 2, 2021
- Paramount+ Marketing Push Will Rely Heavily on ViacomCBS Networks, The Wall Street Journal, Jan. 22, 2021
- Paramount Plus to Launch March 4 in U.S. and Latin America, Variety, Jan. 19, 2021
- ViacomCBS to Launch Rebranded Paramount+ Streaming Service on March 4, The Hollywood Reporter, Jan. 19, 2021
- How ViacomCBS Has Sharpened Its Focus on Streaming Via Deals, The Hollywood Reporter, Dec. 29, 2020.
- 'Paw Patrol,' 'Dora the Explorer' Among Nickelodeon Content Coming to CBS All Access, The Hollywood Reporter, Dec. 9, 2020
- ViacomCBS Announces Leadership of Global Streaming Organization, ViacomCBS, Oct. 20, 2020
- ViacomCBS Unveils Brand for Upcoming Global Streaming Service: Paramount+, ViacomCBS, Sept. 15, 2020.
- ViacomCBS to Launch Pluto TV in France, Vowing to "Transform" Market, The Hollywood Reporter, Jan. 21, 2021.
Original Stories from the ViacomCBS Newsroom
Behind the Paramount+ Name and Logo
For more than 100 years, the Paramount Pictures brand identity—the name, the mountain, the halo of stars—has signaled a world-class entertainment experience. Now, a digital-first reinterpretation created for ViacomCBS’ streaming service builds on the innovative legacy of the Paramount brand and carries it into the streaming era.
"With Paramount+, we’re excited to establish one global streaming brand in the broad-pay segment that will draw on the sheer breadth and depth of the ViacomCBS portfolio to offer an extraordinary collection of content for everyone to enjoy."
President and CEO, ViacomCBS
Adapting 'The Stand' for a Streaming Audience
A first-person account on creating the new CBS All Access limited event series The Stand from Benjamin Cavell, showrunner and executive producer of the series. The Stand is based on the 1978 Stephen King novel of the same name.
How the Paramount+ Super Bowl Campaign Came Together
It took more than a dozen shoots in 3 countries to get nearly 40 characters and talent from across the ViacomCBS portfolio to the top of Paramount Mountain. Find out how it all came together in our Making it Work series.
CFO Naveen Chopra on ViacomCBS' Place in the Streaming Wars
If you ran into Naveen Chopra at a party (in a COVID-free time) and asked him what he did for a living, he’d probably tell you he worked in media, or maybe in finance—a humble way to describe his role as Chief Financial Officer for ViacomCBS.
Chopra joined ViacomCBS as EVP, Chief Financial Officer in August 2020. ViacomCBS’ investment in streaming is why Chopra took the job — but it’s also one of the major challenges. Chopra spoke about ViacomCBS’ future in streaming, how he’s convincing investors that we’re “all in,” and how he remains focused on long-term value amid stock market fluctuations.
ViacomCBS Executives Discuss Streaming
In our Streaming On series, host Dometi Pongo speaks to the leaders in streaming across ViacomCBS.
In the first episode, Pongo interviews Chief Brand Officer Josh Line about what consumers can expect from Paramount+ and what sets the service apart.
Pongo interviews Head of Ops and CMO of ViacomCBS Digital, Domenic DiMeglio, about the Paramount+ Super Bowl commercial and how important it was to feature all that #ViacomCBS talent.
David Nevins, CCO of CBS and chairman and CEO of Showtime, dishes on some of the exciting content coming to the #ViacomCBS streaming universe.
Kelly Day, COO and president of streaming for ViacomCBS Networks International talks about what audiences can expect from the service around the globe.
ViacomCBS President and CEO Bob Bakish talks about the company’s advantage in streaming.
Jeff Gerttula, EVP and GM, CBS Sports Digital and Christy Tanner, EVP and GM, CBS News Digital break down how sports and news are key differentiators to the Paramount+ service.
President and CEO of ViacomCBS Streaming Tom Ryan discusses the company’s streaming strategy and how the company is using its free, pay, and premium platforms to reach consumers wherever they consume content.
Rob Gelick, EVP and GM, Streaming Services & Chief Product Officer, ViacomCBS Streaming, talks to host Dometi Pongo about the Paramount+ platform itself and how the company is serving viewers the content they want via the service’s interface.
Paramount+ Consumer Campaign
Paramount+ Expedition: Roll Call
Television debut: Jan. 24
Paramount+ Expedition: Call to Adventure
Television debut: Jan. 24
Paramount+ Expedition: Cliffhanger
Television debut: Jan. 28
Paramount+ Expedition: Frostbite
Television debut: Jan. 31