HOLLYWOOD, CA (April 9, 2014) – Paramount Television announced its new executive leadership team today in place under Amy Powell, President of the division. The group will be responsible for financing and developing television content for broadcast, premium cable, cable and online audiences. The team includes:
- Jason Fisher, Head of Production – Before joining Paramount, Fisher was Head of Production at AMC where he oversaw all scripted, unscripted and digital production including "Walking Dead," "Mad Men, "Breaking Bad" and the "The Killing." Prior to AMC, he was the Vice President of Production at ABC.
- David Goldman, Head of Business Affairs – Previously, Goldman oversaw business and legal matters for ABC Studios. Prior to that, he practiced entertainment law at Grubman, Indursky & Shire in New York.
- Jennifer Howell, Head of Comedy Development – Howell comes from 20th Century Fox TV where she shepherded shows including, "Bob's Burgers" and "Allen Gregory," and oversaw "The Simpsons," "Family Guy" and "American Dad." Previously she worked as a Producer on "South Park" and subsequently ran Trey Parker and Matt Stone's film company, "Important Films."
- Stephanie Love, Head of Finance – Love has been with Paramount for more than two decades and will now oversee finance for the television studio.
- Annette Savitch, Head of Drama Development – Most recently, Savitch co-ran Natalie Portman’s production company, Handsomecharlie Films, where she produced PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES (currently in development) and the television pilot for ABC, “Scruples.” Additionally, she co-produced NO STRINGS ATTACHED and executive produced HESHER.
Paramount TV recently closed on a number of development deals, including a drama series inspired by Caleb Carr’s best-selling novel, The Alienist, with Anonymous Content (“True Detective”) executive producing; a limited series event based on A. Scott Berg’s Pulitzer Prize-winning biography, Lindbergh; a crime drama with roots in Joe Carnahan’s NARC, with Carnahan writing and directing the pilot; a co-production with Skydance Television for a series based on TERMINATOR; and a re-imagination of the blockbuster hit THE TRUMAN SHOW. Paramount TV is also developing an adaptation of Peter Moffat's powerful BBC series “The Village” with Sundance Productions and All3Media. Previously this year, the studio announced a television adaptation of the Academy Award® winning film GHOST with filmmakers Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Pinkner; and a mutli-project deal with Craig Brewer for original scripted dramas.
“While we are just getting started, there has been a terrific amount of momentum at Paramount TV as we look to develop new ideas as well as harness some of the studio's most iconic titles," said Powell. “We are thrilled to have been able to attract such a strong executive team. Together we look forward to working alongside this collection of incredibly talented writers, directors and producers.”
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.